The following pages will give you a general idea of the countries we offer as destinations. Also, we would like to provide you with information on weather and offer a currency converter.
This information changes constantly and we will do our best to keep them updated. Should you come upon any mistakes, we will appreciate it if you could inform us accordingly. We are not reliable for the content of websites where we provide you with a link.
Tips for Travel Planning
What to pack:
- Cotton rather than synthetic clothing is recommended.
- Winters are usually mild to warm, which calls for light clothing in the middle of the day, and a sweater or jacket for the evenings and early mornings when it can become quite cold.
- An important item is comfortable walking shoes, which have been “worn-in”.
- Swimsuits are required for public beaches and swimming pools.
- When packing, remember to include binoculars, a sun-hat, sunglasses, sun block, bathing towel, moisturizer, lip-ice and mosquito repellents.
- Include any personal medication that you might need to take. It is advisable to pack this medication in your hand luggage, which you always carry with you.
- Camera equipment, lots of spare film, batteries and spare memory cards for the digital cameras are essential, as the opportunity to download photos is limited.
- Electricity (250VAC) is available at most accommodations.
Passports & Visas:
The onus is upon the guest to ensure that passport and visas are valid for the countries visited. Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after date of departure. Passports must have two (2) entirely open pages.
SUNBIRD TOURS, its staff and agents cannot be held liable for any visas, etc. not held by the guests, nor any costs involved for obtaining a visa.
Days are mostly warm to very hot, while nights are generally cool. Average day temperatures in summer vary from 20ºC – 34ºC and average night temperatures in winter from 0ºC – 10ºC
Rain usually falls in the summer months between October and April, with a short rainy season in November and the main rainy season from January to March. Rainfall is usually caused by convective thunderstorms. These are normally of short duration.
Anti-malaria precautions may be taken prior to arrival at your destination. Please consult your doctor for specific advice.
Check with your local immunisation authority, travel clinic, public health facility or personal physician.
Visit the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION website for up to date information www.who.int
SUNBIRD TOURS does not provide travel insurance.
For all our fly-in safaris we ONLY use registered charter companies and professional pilots.
The luggage restrictions for fly-in safaris are 10 Kg luggage per person in soft bags.